With fall here, a warm bowl of soup is a perfect way to end the day.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Makes: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes prep. 20 minutes to cook
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. diced onion
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 lb. egg noodles
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant.
- Move vegetables to one side of the pot and add chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until no pink remains.
- Add stock and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook according to noodle package instructions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley and serve immediately.